Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Support Systems

So far, all the people I've told about this have been extraordinarily supportive. I guess I didn't realize how many friends I have and how many people really do care about me. It's nice thing to know.

There's been a lot ... and I mean a lot ... of illness, disease and medical stuff at work, both with my co-workers and their families. Most of us have been very supportive of each other. Even the people who aren't offering support to others are getting it from the rest of us. Until now, I only fit into the mix because of my mother. But still, I got lots of offers of help. In a way, I kind of feel guilty about this. Being part-time, I'm supposed to fill in for vacations and such. But now vacations are coming up and I won't be available until mid-June, at the very earliest. I feel as if I'm letting everyone down. Obviously, though, I'm the only one who feels that way because most people have been great.

My sister has been wonderful, too. She's trying to figure out a way to be here the day I get out of the hospital. (She lives 3 hours away.) Her main problem is what to do with her 3-year-old and 4-year-old. Knowing my sister, though, she'll figure it out. I hope so, anyway. For some odd reason, I never thought I'd need my little sister like this.

And, I found an awesome site on the 'net. I've looked through a lot of it but still have more exploring to do. I'm absolutely certain I'm going to need them a lot very soon. I'm very grateful that they're there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home