Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

When the glass is more than half full

I usually try to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. That's why I'm trying to look past the upcoming surgery and look toward how good I'm going to feel after I recover. Yeah, I've been whining a lot but, for the most part, I'm OK with all of this. If it's going to make me feel better, yeah, I'm OK with this.

But for now, as I've mentioned ad nauseum, I feel like crap and I'm feeling worse everyday. When I said this to my Mom yesterday, she came up with a good analogy. Maybe it's something she learned in nursing school. Anyway, she said to think of my body as a glass and the symptoms as water. As the glass is slowly being filled, there's no problem. When the water gets closer to the top, you realize you may have a problem. But once you get to the top of the glass and the water is still coming, you definitely have a problem.

Makes sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home