Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Taking the Bad with the Good

It's time to re-evaluate how I'm feeling, if for no other reason than to remind myself that I feel better than I did pre-surgery.

Bad
1.Depression
2.Insomnia (could be related to the depression)
3.Fluid retention/swelly belly (it is getting better though. I only gained, and lost, 5 pounds of it last week instead of the 9 or 10 I was gaining and losing for few weeks prior to last week.)
4.Exhaustion starting in the early evening.
5.Hot flashes (C'mon ovaries! Start working right again. Soon, please!)

Good
1.No periods! (I won't even list the myriad advantages of that.)
2.No migraines
3.No lower back pain
4.Clearer complexion
5.More energy for most of the day
5.Only rare internal pain (and that's only when I overdo it and forget I'm still healing and still have internal stitches)

Although the numbers are equal, the good does far outweigh the bad mainly because (I hope!) the bad is only temporary. I sure hope the doctor will hook me up with some Zoloft or something, though. I have an appointment in about 2 weeks. This appointment was made a year ago when he told me I was perfectly healthy but I needed to see my gynecologist. Although I feel really, really bad sometimes (depression-wise), most of the time I think I can wait until the regularly scheduled appointment to get it taken care of. Actually, I think I'm hoping it'll go away on its own. That is possible. One of the many things I've learned during this experience is how everything can change from one day to the next. But, I did promise myself that if I catch myself falling even deeper into depression, I'll go to the doctor earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home