Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Nightmares

Since before the surgery I had been having weird dreams. Right after the surgery, they became more vivid and more nightmarish. I learned the reason is pain meds and anesthesia. I haven't had any weird dreams for a couple of weeks and I attributed that to the fact that all I've been taking is ibuprofen every now and then and Unisom for the insomnia. Well, I guess the combination was enough to bring the nightmares back. I had 2 yesterday.

In the first one, I dreamed that I had my period, along with really bad cramps. I managed to find 2 pads but was freaking out because I was in too much pain to go to the store to get more. I was afraid I'd go through those before I felt up to getting more. I was also telling myself that the operation didn't work and I was going to have to have another one. When I woke up, the area near my incision was really hurting, so I guess that explains the dream. I put ice on my belly & was ok.

The other one was more disturbing. At first there was this huge party at my house with all kinds of gourment food. Actually, all my favorite foods were there stuffing the refrigerator and freezer. All my relatives were there, too, but I didn't know why. When the party was over my mother told me that my uncle had killed himself. As I slumped to the floor, I asked her why. She said it was financial reasons, which doesn't make any sense at all. Then I asked her how he did it. She told me and then I saw this extremely vivid image of a man putting a revolver in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

At any rate, I think I'm going to stop taking the Unisom and see what happens. I'd rather have no sleep than sleep and have those nightmares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home