Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Blogathon

In my other blog, I'll be participating in Blogathon 2005 next month. The charity I've chosen is The Global Fund for Women, a very important and worthy cause, I believe. Please check out their Web site and I'm sure you'll agree.

The reason I'm mentioning it here, is that I'll be telling my entire hyststory from beginning to Aug. 6, which is the day of the event. I've been trying to keep my hysterectomy experiences separate from the other blog because, hey, not everyone wants to read about this stuff. The reason I'm making an exception for Blogathon is that I believe everyone needs to know more about this. I really think it will help fathers, husbands, sons, etc., understand what the women in their lives may be experiencing. I believe it will help women who've been there as well as those who may be looking at a hysterectomy in their future. I also believe that doctors and other healthcare workers may get something out of it as well. If what I write makes one doctor take even one woman seriously when she says she has painful periods, it'll be worth it.

I'm hoping some of you will consider sponsoring me. If you do, you'll have to register first, but I think it'll be worth it. After registering, go here if you'd like to sponsor me. If you don't want to sponsor me, please consider donating to another worthy cause. Thank you!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Wildefrost said…

    How wonderful an idea! Wish I wasn't a broke college student... I'd sponsor you in a heartbeat.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    I remember being a broke college student so I totally understand. Thanks for the thought, though :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home