Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

St. Theresa

Yesterday, I started the five-day St. Theresa Prayer. The reason I like praying to St. Theresa is that I'm a skeptic and I don't always believe my prayers are being answered. She, however, gives signs (roses) that they are. Although I didn't see a rose yesterday (Sometimes I don't on the first couple of days.), she gave me something more important: Clarity. That clarity helped me to know that I was doing the right thing this morning. After I did it, I was hit with a feeling of tranquility that told me I had done what I was supposed to do.

By the way (and this has nothing to do with St. Theresa), I'm not suicidal. I do have thoughts about my own death but, I'm not thinking about bringing it on myself. I think of it in terms of not wanting to get older and be a burden to my family, most likely my nephews and their future wives. If I had a choice, I'd rather get hit by a bus or have a fatal heart attack or something else that's quick. Actually, if you believe Sylvia Browne, and I do believe a lot of what she says, we've already chosen our paths in life and our "exit points" before we're even born. I hope I was smart enough to choose a quick exit.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Thanks Percy! :)

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Gosh Kate, thank you! I hope everything works out well for you. Let me know, ok?

    Here's the St. Theresa prayer:

    St. Theresa, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love; ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more.

    Then you say 5 Our Fathers, 5 Hail Marys and 5 Glory Be's. Do this for 5 days. On the fifth day, add an extra set of each of those.

    Within 5 days you'll see some kind of rose to let you know she's heard your prayers.

    The first time I did this, my "sign" was a set of tea cups with roses on them. I knew it was my sign because I got a feeling of calm and tranquility when I saw them.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    I'm Christian, so when I pray ---it's usually to Jesus/God--the trinity,...I try to avoid praying to Saints,...BUT---however, there is one Saint that always helps me out- which is St Anthony. He is the saint that 'finds things for you'. Everytime I lose something, I say a little prayer, and right in front of me, there it is, whatever I was looking for.

    I hope you are okay in health. I friend of mine is going through this, and I can only imagine how challenging it is to go through the motions of it all.

    All the best to you,
    ~D

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Thanks, D! I appreciate it, and I hope your friend is doing OK. Tell her to check out hystersisters.com if she hasn't already. I can't even tell you how wonderful that site is!

    Until very recently, I didn't believe in praying to saints either (except St. Anthony). But St. Theresa has made a believer out of me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home