Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nine Weeks

It's hard to believe that it's been nine weeks since my hysterectomy. When I compare how I feel now to how I felt at 8 weeks, it's miraculous. I really never thought I'd feel this good so soon. Granted, I still have a few problems but nothing I can't deal with and nothing at all compared to pre-surgery.

One problem I'm still having is insomnia. I bought an OTC sleep aid but it takes about 2 hours for it to kick in, then I still wake up once or twice and I'm so groggy the next day. I've decided to only take it once or twice a week because I don't like the side effects. I have an appointment with my regular doctor next month. If I'm still having problems sleeping by then, I'll mention it to him.

Another problem is swelly belly, and swelling in my ankles, too. It's really only bad on days I do too much or if I don't lie down for an hour twice a day. But geez, I get so sick of being in bed. Ice on the swelly belly feels really good, though.

I'm also having a major problem with my weight. I keeping gaining and losing the same 10 pounds. It's frustrating.

All in all, though, I feel good. If I had to make the choice all over again, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home