Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

More of the Same

Actually, a few things have changed since my last post but, the bottom line is I'm still tired. I'm not complaining, though, I'm simply stating a fact. When I think about how tired I am, I get frustrated. Then I remember it's only been four-and-a-half months since the surgery and it's perfectly normal for me to be this tired, considering everything I've been doing.

Besides looking after my Mom, I started a new job. It's only temporary and part-time but it's very hectic right now, and will be for a while. I'm doing PR-related stuff for the local chapter of the Red Cross, so I'm sure you can imagine how chaotic it is.

I'm also part of the sound effects crew for a play our local community theater is doing. And it's not just pushing buttons to get the effects. We're doing them "live" so the audience can see how we create the effects. There's a part toward the end of the play where I'm doing so much that I actually sweat. But I'm having a blast!

Anyway, we had rehearsal yesterday morning (and this morning) instead of at night. So, when that was finished I took my Mom grocery shopping. After getting everything put away at about 3:30 p.m., I took a nap. I woke up at 7:15 p.m. I ate dinner and went back to bed. I woke up at 4 a.m., went to the bathroom and didn't wake up again until the alarm went off at 8 a.m. And, I could go back to bed again and sleep for the rest of the afternoon ... if there wasn't a Bills game to watch.

I'm thankful, though, that being tired is my only complaint. Before the surgery, there's no way I could have handled all of this. I would have been too tired, in too much pain, and constantly worried that I'd have some kind of flooding "accident." So, I really am starting to enjoy my uterus-free life. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home