Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Good Stuff

We went to the fair on Thursday and were gone for 15 hours (12 at the fair; 3 driving). This is the first time in recent memory that all I had to take with me was money. No pads. No tampons. No pain medication. No change of underwear, just in case. Nothing! I didn't have to worry about standing in line for the restroom, or where the nearest restroom was. And it felt great!

The Effexor is working. I was jittery for the first two days but my doctor warned me that I might be so it didn't really bother me. But my moods are better, more even. And I actually care about doing things now. I have no more hot flashes and, I'm not sure if this is an effect of the drug but I'm not complaining, I've been sleeping through the night.

I'm not sure if this is an effect of the drug either, or if it just ran its course but, the joints in my hands aren't as sore. I can actually open water bottles now with no problem.

I really think I'm getting somewhere now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home