Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Still Taking the Good with the Bad

I woke up this morning with a terrible pain in my right side. It was so bad, in fact, that I considered taking a Lortab, which I haven't done since Week 4. (This is Week 12, for anyone who's counting.) At first, I thought it hurt so much because I wore jeans all day yesterday and, although they're not tight, they are restricting, and that's not good. Also, the ice was getting annoying, so I didn't use it as much as I should have last night. But, about an hour after I woke up I realized what the problem was. I still check the toilet paper after I go. Old habits die hard, ya know? When I checked, I noticed a clump of stitches. Until then, I had totally forgotten that I had hundreds of internal stitches and that it can take as long as a year for some of them to disolve. Most of the time, you don't even notice them because they do what they're supposed to do ... disolve. But, sometimes, like today, you do. Anyway, that's what the pain was.

But, before I realized that's what was causing the pain, I decided not to wear jeans today just to be on the safe side. Because I haven't really felt like doing laundry lately, I only had one dress to wear. Although I've been telling myself that my weight gain is fluid, not fat, I was afraid to put the dress on and see for sure. But, guess what? It fits! So, although I have 2 pounds to go to get to my pre-surgery weight, and another 25 to go to get to my pre-rapidly growing fibroids weight, I know some of it is fluid and that makes me feel so much better. I am being realistic, though. I know it's not 27 pounds worth of fluid. If I believed that, it would be kind of like believing "My jeans shrunk in the dryer" when I started gaining weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home