Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Follow-up Doctor Visit

My doctor was very pleased with everything. The Effexor is working well, and didn't wreak havoc with my blood pressure. Even the symptoms it didn't help with don't seem as bad because the depression isn't an issue anymore.

He also said my hormone levels show that I'm just starting menopause but, he doesn't think there's a need to do anything about that since most of the symptoms were depression-related, not menopause-related.

The only thing that concerned him at all was my cholesterol, which is 236. But, he knows that if I continue to lose weight, that won't be a problem because my "good" cholesterol is 56. Fifty is good; anything higher is even better, he said.

So, at 3 1/2 months post-surgery, I'm in pretty good shape now. I'm believing, again, that I actually will feel better in November, which is six months from the surgery and when most women start feeling better than ever.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Erin M said…

    I also wanted to drop a note about effexor. You can read more about it at www.crazymeds.org and they have boards at www.crazyboards.org I have found both resources to be invaluable. Im glad that you are feeling better. Make sure you are informed about your meds and prepare for the future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home