Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

When Will it End?

I ended up taking a Lortab last night after all. The pain never went away and ibuprofen just wasn't cuttin' it. I did wait until around 11 p.m. to take the Lortab, though, because it makes me loopy and sleepy. It's been so long since I've taken one that I forgot another lovely side effect. It makes me itchy. So, although I was loopy and sleepy, I didn't get to sleep until sometime after 2:30 a.m. (I know that because I was watching "School Ties" and I remember the last scene I saw.) Before I fell asleep I was getting frustrated, not just with the itching, but with the fact that even Lortab didn't help with the insomnia. OK. I guess it did help a little bit. I haven't been getting to sleep until around 4 a.m. and then I wake up at around 6:30 or 7. But this morning I woke up at 6:30, just to go to the bathroom, then went back to sleep until about 9:30. You'd think after getting some all-too-elusive sleep, I'd feel refreshed for a change. Nope. I have a Lortab hangover.

I know it'll get better soon. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home