Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Sometimes I'm dumb

Yesterday I was watching television with a friend and an ad for "War of the Worlds" came on. I asked if he had any desire to see that. He said he was just going to ask me if I wanted to go to the drive-in to see it. I did. Well, during the day I didn't get any rest. I didn't do a lot but I didn't lie down with a cold pack on my belly either. Then, the ride to the drive-in was kind of bumpy, which bothered me. Then, I sat for nearly four hours (two movies). I did get up once to stretch my legs and relieve some discomfort. I went to the restroom once, too, and it was nasty. I had to go again but didn't want to go back in there, so I just held it. Big mistake! By the time we got to the restaurant we went to after the movies, I had held it so long it took almost a minute for my bladder to get moving. Then I had to go again just a few minutes later when it really started working. By the time I got home my abdomen was so swollen it looked as if I swallowed a watermelon. My ankles were swollen, too.

The only good thing was that I was so worn out that I slept for 8 straight hours without taking a sleeping pill. When I woke up, I got my cold pack, went back to bed and slept for another 2 hours.

Who would have thought just going to a drive-in without resting first would wear me out that much? I guess I'm not as far along in my recovery as I thought I was. But I still feel a heck of a lot better than I did pre-op!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Wildefrost said…

    Awww. At least you're feeling better. I'll bet that's a relief.

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    It sure is! Thanks, Lauren :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home