Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Just for the heck of it ....

... I thought I'd do some more research on fibroids and painful periods and all that fun (ahem) stuff I went through for so long. Holy crap! I didn't realize how bad off I really was ... and for a long time, too!

Here's what I found at OBGYN.net:

Most women lose about 6 teaspoons of blood each month.
Are you f'ing kidding me?!?! 6 teaspoons a month?! I was losing 6 teaspoons a minute!

Very heavy bleeding, saturating a pad or tampon every hour or two for more than a few hours, is also abnormal.
How 'bout saturating a pad and a tampon every hour for more than a few hours?

Dysmenorrhea refers to the pain accompanying a period. Most menstruating women have uterine contractions ... that each last for less than thirty seconds and occur about every 3 to 5 minutes...women who experience severe dysmenorrhea have cramps that last up to 90 seconds with only a few seconds of rest in between.
I would have killed to have cramps that lasted only 90 seconds or even to have a few seconds of rest in between. Cramps that lasted less than 30 seconds with 3 to 5 minutes rest in between would have been heaven.

I have mixed feelings about all of this. I'm glad I got it all taken care of course. However, I'm a little pissed at my former GYN (God rest his soul anyway) for not taking me seriously five years ago. Then again, it's over now and I'll never have to go through any of that crap again, so why waste energy being pissed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home