Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I Knew I Was Right

It seems like forever ago that I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back to work after just six weeks. I just wasn't ready physically or mentally. But then when I did the play and worked part-time at the Red Cross for those few weeks, I was tired, but felt I probably could go back to work full-time.

Well, now that I've worked two 40-hour weeks, I know I was right, and there was no way I could have gone back to work after just six weeks. I mean, it's been 5 and half months and I'm still exhausted after work. Honestly, I work then go home and go to bed 'til morning. Luckily, I don't have to be at work 'til just before noon, so I can get things done in the morning. Anyway, if I'm this tired now, I can't even imagine how I would have felt 4 months ago if I'd gone back to work then.

But I do love my job and the exhaustion is totally worth it. One of the cool parts, hysterectomy-wise, is that I don't have to worry about any period-related stuff at work. Yay! That's especially nice since I work with mostly guys.

So, all in all, except for being extremely tired, I'm feeling wonderful! I was never more glad than I am right now that I had the surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home