Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Revelations (or finally facing the truth)

For months I've been thinking that my gynecological problems have only been going on for, well, it's actually been about a year now. But a few days ago I remembered something. Five years ago I was having all kinds of medical problems and no one could figure it out. My doctor put me on thyroid medication and that seemed to help things a little. He also said I was borderline anemic and we'd have to keep an eye on that. I also saw my former GYN at around the time and I remember telling him about how my periods had changed and how painful they were. His advice? Take Pamprin every 3 hours instead of every 4 hours. Shortly after that I moved to California and didn't see a doctor while I was there. Actually, I went four years without seeing my GP and five without seeing a GYN. If only I'd known five years ago what I know now. If only I'd had the GYN then that finally made me feel better! But I'm not going to dwell on the five years of pain, discomfort and inconvenience. I'm going to look to the future which is looking pretty darn bright right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home