Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Miss My Doctor

That's probably a weird thing but, I do. And it's not as if I'll be seeing him anytime soon because he doesn't practice here anymore. Although the local hospital thought he might be a permanent replacement for the OB/GYN who died unexpectedly in February (at age 43 from a rare and rapidly spreading form of cancer), he (actually, his wife) decided not to stay. So he was here from sometime in March to early June. Now he's gone, and I miss him.

Including all the office visits and all the times he came to see me in the hospital, I saw him more than I've seen any other doctor in my adult life -- and this was only in the period from March 31 to May 19. I guess, considering that, maybe missing him isn't quite so weird after all. Also, if you consider the fact that he's the guy who made me feel better after 5 years of my feeling like crap, and worse than crap since October, it makes perfect sense.

Oh well. I suppose I'll get over it. But I'll always be grateful for what he did for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home