Hyster Blog :: Uterus-free since May 2005

My experiences with fibroid tumors and hysterectomy.

Monday, May 09, 2005

A Teensy Bit of Leftover Denial

I woke up this morning, after 4 whole hours of sleep (yay!) with a clean pad. I couldn't believe it! Even after a shower & getting dressed, there was nothing. I thought maybe it was over, then I laughed at myself and said "Anne, when's the last time you had a period that lasted only 4 days? Maybe, 1983?" Sure enough, it's back.

But that's nothing compared to Saturday. First, though, on Friday and most of Saturday, it wasn't all that bad. I thought maybe I was overreacting and a hysterectomy wasn't necessary after all. Then, the cramps hit. Bad! I was literally crying. And I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol, which doesn't work, because of the surgery. Then, I was soaking through overnight pads in an hour ... for six hours. Yeah, I said to myself, you need a hysterectomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home